- MediaTek and NVIDIA have partnered to deliver a complete range of in-vehicle AI cabin solutions for the next generation of software-defined vehicles.
- The collaboration will combine the strengths of each company’s automotive portfolios to deliver the most compelling solutions for state-of-the-art connected cars.
- MediaTek will develop automotive SoCs integrating a new NVIDIA GPU chipset with NVIDIA AI and graphics IP.
- MediaTek’s innovative cabin solutions will run NVIDIA DRIVE OS, DRIVE IX, CUDA, and TensorRT software technologies.
- The partnership will address the growing demand for infotainment and instrument cluster SoCs, which is expected to reach $12 billion in 2023.
- By tapping NVIDIA’s core expertise in AI, cloud, graphics technology, and software and pairing it with NVIDIA ADAS solutions, MediaTek can bolster the capabilities of its comprehensive Dimensity Auto platform.
The partnership between MediaTek and NVIDIA is a significant development in the automotive industry. The companies’ combined expertise will enable automakers to create next-generation vehicles that are smarter, safer, and more connected.
The Dimensity Auto platform consists of three main components:
- Dimensity Auto Cockpit: This is designed to be the world’s fastest smart cockpit, bringing MediaTek’s flagship-grade experience in Smart Home and Entertainment to vehicles. It uses leading chip manufacturing processes to maximize feature integration, performance, and power efficiency.
- Dimensity Auto Connect: This is a wireless communication tech portfolio including 5G, WiFi, Bluetooth, GNSS navigation, and NTN (Non-Terrestrial Network) satellite communications. It is designed to keep vehicles connected to the outside world, even in remote areas.
- Dimensity Auto Drive: This uses MediaTek’s AI Processing Units (ADU) as a backbone for partners to bring intelligent assist and ADAS features to the market.
Dimensity Auto is a range of new automotive solutions from MediaTek that feature high-performance computing, impressive AI, extensive feature integration, innate energy efficiency, and leading connectivity solutions. It is designed to empower automakers with various cutting-edge technologies needed for the future of intelligent, always-connected vehicles.